Thursday, August 28, 2014

2014 VMAs - Fashion Review

We almost missed the VMA's!!  I almost forgot they were on until my daughter reminded me.  The fashion is so tamed these last few years!  I kind of miss the crazy outfits of the '90s.  People might wonder why I didn't include Katy Perry's Britney throw-back dress - but I actually kind of liked it.  Although, you can't out Britney Britney...it was a cute homage.

Here are my 5 favorite:

# 5 - Demi Lovato in Lanvin
This color looks amazing on Demi.  I think she is showing waaaaay too much chest - that if it wasn't quite so open it would have looked much better - but she is rockin' this dress!

# 4 - Lucy Hale in Sachin + Babi skirt and a Zimmermann skirt
Cute and age appropriate.  I think she looks great.

# 3 - Iggy Azalea in Versace
Iggy looks great...but miserable!  Smile girl!!

# 2 - Jordin Sparks in Simply Intricate
Wow.  Jordin looks great! 

# 1 - Jennifer Lopez in Charbel Zoe
Unbelievable!  I could only wish to look that good someday.  She is shutting it down!

Now...for my 5 worst.

# 5 - Nina Dobrev in Zuhair Murad
A lot of people were liking this dress but I didn't.  She is a gorgeous woman and I don't think this dress is doing her justice at all.  I'm not loving the draping on her hips and the red is a little orange-y for me.

# 4 - Solange Knowles in H&M
I saw numerous sites praise this outfit but I don't like this at all.  It's just sloppy and baggy and ill-fitting.

# 3 - Amber Rose in Laura Dewitt
People would probably expect this to be # 1 - but I just kind of expected something wildly inappropriate from Ms. Rose.  This is just bad.

# 2 - Kim Kardashian in Balmain
This is just ugly.  Way too much boob and it looks like a quilt you'd grab off the back of the couch when you're cold while watching a movie.

# 1 - Taylor Swift in Mary Katrantzou
Taylor normally looks so polished and put together.  This just looks like a joke.

No comments: