Monday, August 24, 2009

Review ~ The Uninvited


This movie - rated PG-13 and released on January 30, 2009, was very good, in my opinion. I must preface this with the fact that I "love" scary, suspensful, thriller-type movies. This one wasn't too scary - but very suspensful and had an ending I just wasn't expecting...another huge plus for me.

Basically a film of unknown stars - I only recognized David Strathairn, who played the father - it was well acted. It wasn't cheesy like many "scary" movies tend to be. They managed to keep me waiting to see what would happen and rooting for the underdog.

Anna (Emily Browning) is commited to a mental institution after an attempted suicide following her mother's tragic death. When she is released, she learns her father is planning on marrying the woman who was her mother's nurse, Rachael (Elizabeth Banks). Rachael seems to not have the best intentions and seems to be hiding something. Anna begins seeing her mother's ghost - and Anna concludes that it was not just an accident...that she was murdered.

No comments: