Thursday, August 27, 2009

Review ~ The Last House on The Left




Ok, as much as I like scary movies...I was not a big fan of this one. This is a Wes Craven remake of his own 1972 movie...which I have not seen. For some reason - some directors/producers/writers believe there has to be lots of boobs for a movie to be scary. I cannot tell you how many scary movies I have tried to watch with just nonsense nudity in them. "IT'S NOT NECESSARY!", I want to scream to them! It's just stupid...and for that reason alone - it lost a star. Another reason was the rape scene...not a fan!! I know it happens - and it accurately depicts what evil things bad people do...but that doesn't mean I want to watch it....you lost another star. I did like the fact that the good guys prevail. I watched another thriller-type movie a while back and all the good guys died...what kind of movie is that?? Who wants the bad guys to win?? This wasn't the worse movie I've ever seen...but I won't watch it again. And...it wasn't scary. For some reason...I thought scary movies were supposed to be, um...scary?


Synopsis:
John & Emma Collingwood are on vacation at their lakeshore house when, by a bizarre twist of fate, they give shelter to the sociopaths who have just assaulted and nearly killed their daughter. Upon discovering the truth, they exact a chilling revenge on her attackers...

No comments: