Monday, January 27, 2014

A Haunting in Connecticut 2:::Review



I actually liked this movie.  It is labeled a "thriller" and not a horror although it probably could have gone either way.  It's scarier than horror's I've seen (not that it is all that scary to begin with - just relatively speaking).  I've been into watching thrillers lately basically because horrors are so disappointing most times.

My issue with this movie is that it is considered a sequel.  In my book, a sequel:
~ has characters from the first movie
~ has a theme from the original movie
~ is at least in the same state as the first movie
~ has anything remotely similar to the first movie

This had none of those things.  That was slightly irritating to me.  It's a different family, in a different house, with different "hauntings", in a completely different state.  I think they should have just called this A Haunting in Georgia and left it at that.

Other than that, I did enjoy this movie.  The ending was not quite what I expected - which is always a nice surprise.  Too often the endings are very predictable.  The characters were good.  The sister was annoying at first - but she grew on me as the movie went on.  Emily Alyn Lind, who played Heidi, did a great job.

No comments: