Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Review:::Race To Witch Mountain & Orphan



Race to Witch Mountain is a great family movie! I rented this for the kids - thinking Myles would like the car chases and Jordan would appreciate that it wasn't just a cartoon. What I didn't expect was that Terrance would be the one that was most "in to" the movie. lol! When I would try to say something to the kids, he would say, "Keep it down! I'm trying to watch the movie!" Love it!!

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson plays a helpful cab driver that reluctantly helps two "kids" - that end up being adolescent aliens from another planet. This is a remake of the Disney classic Escape to Witch Mountain. I loved that the kids from the original movie, Kim Richards and Ike Eisenmann, are both featured in the movie. They portray the waitress and the sheriff of a small town.



Orphan had an ending that I was totally not expecting. For that...I really liked it. I love it when a suspense/horror/thriller type movie can actually surprise me. Orphan was more suspense/thriller than horror. I thought it moved a little slow at first - but I'm sure that was just meant to be build-up to the climax.

After the tragic death of their youngest child, Kate and John Coleman (Vera Farmiga and Peter Sarsgaard) decide to adopt a child. They choose 9-year old Esther from a local orphanage. It doesn't take long for Kate to see through Esther's angelic facade. When John brushes Kate's suspicions off as paranoid, Esther begins to wreak havoc on those around her.

No comments: