Monday, September 07, 2009

Review ~ Quarantine



I really enjoyed this movie - I must say that first of all. I love scary movies! I know I've said this before...but I like scary movies...not gross movies. I love a movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat - that keeps you wondering what is coming next...what is around the next corner...and this is one of those movies.

Synopsis:
While on assignment shadowing LA firemen, newscaster Angela Vidal (Jennifer Carpenter) and her cameraman (Steve Harris) ride along to what is supposed to be a routine 911 call to an apartment building. After their arrival, the police and CDC officials quarantine the building trapping all inside. Phones, televisions, cell phones and electricity are all turned off...leaving them in the dark with...something.

This is a POV movie - meaning the movie is shot from the point-of-view of one of the characters. 2007's Cloverfield was shot the same way - but I didn't care for that movie at all. The acting in Quarantine was excellent. Their emotions and fears practically leapt from the screen - pulling me in. I actually jumped a few times - and I can't remember the last movie that made me do that.

No comments: